Happy Holidays from the Mason Shaker Team! In the spirit of the season, here is our recipe for The Nog, a quick eggnog, straight out of the Mason Shaker. You can find this recipe in our new cocktail recipe book Shake: A New Perspective on Cocktails.
Eggnog can be a pain to make, and most store-bought versions fall flat. We combine vanilla ice cream and freshly ground spices for an easy 'nog in the Mason Shaker!
You can make a great eggnog using high quality store-bought vanilla ice cream, but be sure to spring for the good stuff. We love using locally-churned Van Leeuwen Vanilla Ice Cream.
We can’t go through a holiday season without some of this quintessential festive drink, so here’s our version of a super quick and tasty 'nog — perfect for your next holiday gathering.
Makes Two Drinks
- 1 Shot Bourbon
- 1 Shot Dark Rum
- 2 Small Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg (plus a pinch to garnish)
- Add the Bourbon, Rum, Ice Cream, Cinnamon and Nutmeg to the Shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into chilled Coupes and garnish with remaining Nutmeg.
The Mason Shaker Team