The now-ubiquitous, buy-the-bar-a-round shot with a name that rhymes with "birefall" gets the upgrade it needs. Whiskey, turbinado simple syrup, and real cinnamon sticks infuse together to create a spicy cinnamon-infused whiskey that you will be proud to pour into your friends' shot glasses.
makes 16 oz
- 10 oz of whiskey
- 6 oz of turbinado simple syrup (see below for recipe)
- 4 sticks of cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a 16 oz Mason jar. Seal and shake to combine.
- Let infuse at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Strain through cheesecloth and chill in the freezer before serving.
- The infusion will keep in the refrigerator for up to three months.
To make the turbinado simple syrup: Combine 1/2 cup of turbinado sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool before using.