As cold and flu season stretches on, you'll want to reach for this immunity-boosting, inflammation-fighting tea. Brimming with turmeric root, fresh orange juice, honey and cayenne (for a little kick), your body will thank you with each sip. Note: Perfect for daily consumption—just be careful preparing, as fresh turmeric root can stain!
- 4 cups water
- 1 (2-inch) piece of turmeric root, grated
- Black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, plus more to taste
- Quart-sized jar with airtight lid
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, turmeric, a pinch of cayenne, and a pinch of black pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then strain out the solid ingredients using a strainer, and pour the liquid into a quart-sized jar.
- Add the orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, and honey to the jar and stir. Seal with a lid and store in the refrigerator.
- Warm before serving.
SHOP THIS ARTICLE SWIPE TO VIEW