It's hard to imagine weekend brunch without the classic Bloody Mary, but most bottled mixes just don't cut it. So we like to infuse our own Bloody Mary concentrate to have on hand anytime. Sunday Funday will never be the same again.
The not-so-secret key ingredient to the best Bloody Mary recipes? Pickle brine. After finishing off a jar of pickles, be sure to save the brine. It'll come in handy when Bloody Mary time rolls around.
The Bloody Anytime
makes 14 oz
- 6 oz of vodka
- 6 oz of pickle brine (We like McClure's)
- 4 sprigs of fresh dill
- 1 clove of garlic, halved
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons of crab seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 2 teaspoons of horseradish, freshly grated (if available)
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a 16 oz Mason jar. Seal and shake until combined and the seasoning has dissolved.
- Infuse in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Strain through cheesecloth. The infusion will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
The Best Bloody Mary
makes one cocktail
- 3 oz of The Bloody Anytime
- 4 oz of tomato juice
- Garnishes (we use fresh parsley, dill, and celery leaves, along with pickled green beans and caper berries
- Combine The Bloody Anytime with tomato juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake for 5 seconds to combine and strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Finish with your favorite garnishes.