Yesterday was National Cold Brew Day, but let's face it, we celebrate that holiday every day. So to keep the cold brew party going, we decided up amp things up a bit with this happy hour-approved Coffee Liqueur.
Fresh coffee, aged rum and vanilla come together to create this deliciously sippable liqueur that's a lightyears better than the stuff you'll find on the shelves of the liquor store.
makes 12 ounces
- 8 ounces of aged rum
- 4 ounces of turbinado simple syrup (see below for recipe)
- 1/2 cup of whole bean coffee, coarsely ground
- Seeds from 1/2 of a vanilla bean
- Combine all ingredients in a 16 oz Mason jar. Seal and shake to combine. Refrigerate and let infuse for 24 hours.
- Strain through a double layer of cheesecloth. The infusion will keep in the refrigerator for up to three months.
To make the turbinado simple syrup: Combine 1/2 cup of turbinado sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool before using.