These days, it feels like everything is coming up rosé. This dry, pink wine has a cult-like following, and has even been nicknamed "summer water" because it's refreshing and great for the warmer days ahead.
One of our favorite rosés to have on-hand is from Brooklyn Winery. Not only is it amazing on its own, this citrusy, dry wine is the perfect base for our latest cocktail, Frosé. What's Frosé you ask? It's a frozen rosé cocktail! Yup, that's right. The slushie of your childhood just a delicious upgrade.
To begin, we fill an ice cube tray with rosé. These Peak Ice Everyday Ice trays make that process a breeze. They're outfitted with a steel frame and matte finish, so you can fill and transfer them to the freezer without making a mess. No one wants to waste any delicious rosé! After they freeze throughly, the rosé cubes are quickly blended with lemon juice and simple syrup. Pour into glasses and top with Vergano Americano Chinato, a tasty bitter apertif.
Makes Four Cocktails
- 1 750 ml bottle dry rosé
- 3 oz simple syrup
- 3 oz fresh lemon juice
- 4 lemon twists, to garnish
- Vergano Americano Chinato (you can substitute in Campari if you can’t find it)
- Freeze the rosé into cubes overnight.
- Blend rosé cubes with simple syrup and lemon juice just until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with lemon twists, splash the chinato over the top and serve.