Spiced Cranberry Cider
Spice up your hard cider this Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is here and whether you're spending the holiday with friends or family, a cocktail is in order. Hard cider has been popping up everywhere these days and more than likely will be making an appearance at your Thanksgiving dinner, so we decided to elevate your bottled cider by spiking it with applejack, cranberries and warm fall spices. The result is a fresh, seasonal cocktail that doesn't require any extra trips to the grocery store (something we are definitely thankful for!
Want to make this cocktail for all of your Thanksgiving guests? Simply double - or triple! - the recipe, and you're all set.
Happy Thanksgiving from the Mason Shaker team!
The Spiced Cranberry Cider
Makes Two Cocktails
- 20 fresh cranberries (plus several to garnish)
- 1/2 shot lemon juice
- 2 cubes of cane sugar
- 2 pinches each of ground allspice, cinnamon and cloves
- 1 & 1/2 shots applejack
- 12 oz hard cider
- Sliced apple and cinnamon sticks (to garnish)
- Add the cranberries, lemon juice, cane sugar and ground spices to the Mason Shaker.
- Muddle the ingredients until crushed and the sugar has mostly dissolved.
- Add the applejack and ice to above the level of the liquid. Cap and shake for 5 seconds.
- Strain into collins glasses containing cubes of ice and top with hard cider. Garnish with sliced apple and cinnamon sticks.