Spiced Cranberry Cider
Throughout the fall, we whip up a batch of spiked cider whenever friends swing by. This cocktail elevates the hard bottled cider you'll find at the liquor store with a splash of applejack, muddled cranberries and warm baking spices. The result is a fresh, seasonal cocktail that pulls from the same ingredients you'll likely be gathering for—or have leftover from—a Thanksgiving feast. (Want to scale up this recipe for a group? Simply double, triple or quadruple the recipe and serve in a punch bowl.)
The Spiced Cranberry Cider
Makes Two Cocktails
- 20 fresh cranberries (plus several to garnish)
- 1/2 shot lemon juice
- 2 cubes cane sugar
- 2 pinches each of ground allspice, cinnamon and cloves
- 1 1/2 shots applejack
- 12 oz hard cider
- Sliced apple and cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
- Add the cranberries, lemon juice, cane sugar and ground spices to The Mason Shaker.
- Muddle the ingredients until crushed and the sugar has mostly dissolved.
- Add the applejack and ice to above the level of the liquid. Cap and shake for 5 seconds.
- Strain into collins glasses containing cubes of ice and top with hard cider. Garnish with sliced apple and cinnamon sticks.