Celebrate National Margarita Day with The Lagerita
Sure, we're smack dab in the middle of winter and the temperature keeps dropping into the single digits, but that's not going to stop us from observing one of our favorite holidays: National Margarita Day. Naturally we decided to shake up a cocktail to celebrate, and while you would do well to mix up our grapefruit-infused Mid-Winter Marg or spicy Jalapeño Avocado Margarita, we decided to go a lighter route this year and devised our own homemade version of the canned margarita-inspired beverage whose name rhymes with Rime-A-Lita. We give you, The Lagerita.
A great margarita has the ability to transport you to warmer days and The Lagerita lives up to that standard. A combination of Mexican beer, tequila, Cointreau and lime, it's at once citrusy, sweet and effervescent, not to mention lightyears better than the malt beverage you'll find at the corner store. Sit back, take a sip and pretend it's not February.
makes two cocktails
- 1 shot tequila
- 1 shot fresh lime juice
- 1 shot Cointreau
- 1 bottle Mexican lager (we like to use Pacifico)
- 2 strips of lime zest (to garnish)
- Combine tequila, lime juice and Cointreau in the Mason Shaker.
- Add ice to above the level of the liquid and shake for 5 seconds.
- Strain into Collins glasses filled with ice and top with Mexican lager. Garnish with lime zest.