We usually shake up a cocktail to celebrate National Margarita Day, like our grapefruit-infused Mid-Winter Marg or spicy Jalapeño Avocado Margarita. This year, however, we decided to go a different route, creating a homemade version of the canned, margarita-inspired beverage whose name rhymes with Rime-A-Lita. We give you, The Lagerita.
A great margarita has the ability to transport you to warmer days and The Lagerita lives up to that standard. A combination of Mexican beer, tequila, Cointreau and lime, it's at once citrusy, sweet and effervescent. Sit back, take a sip and pretend it's not February.
makes two cocktails
- 1 shot tequila
- 1 shot fresh lime juice
- 1 shot Cointreau
- 1 bottle Mexican lager (we like to use Pacifico)
- 2 strips lime zest (to garnish)
- Combine tequila, lime juice and Cointreau in the Mason Shaker.
- Add ice to just above the level of the liquid and shake for 5 seconds.
- Strain into Collins glasses filled with ice and top with Mexican lager. Garnish with lime zest.