Rosemary Maple Bourbon Sour
Simply put, this is a perfect fall cocktail. It's so good, in fact, that we find ourselves making it over and over, all year long. Dark amber maple syrup lends a deep, rich and sweet note to this herbaceous take on a Whiskey Sour—and yes, that also qualifies it as a brunch dish.
The Rosemary Maple Bourbon Sour
Makes two cocktails
- 3 shots bourbon
- 1 1/2 shots fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 shot dark amber maple syrup
- 1 large sprig of rosemary (plus 2 small sprigs for garnish)
- Crush the large sprig of rosemary in your hand and add it to The Mason Shaker.
- Add the bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup and ice to just above the level of the liquid, and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into rocks glasses containing large cubes of ice and garnish with remaining rosemary sprigs.