Build Your Home Bar
- Shaker: We prefer a three-piece cobbler shaker for ease of use and for how great it looks on your home bar.
- Mixing Glass: Essential for stirring up stiff drinks.
- Muddler: Used to crush ingredients (everything from fruit to fresh herbs) to release and build flavors in cocktails.
- Bar Spoon: A bar spoon is a multi-purpose tool that can be used to stir cocktails and measure small amounts of potent cocktail ingredients. It so doubles as an ice cracker if needed (prepare for an ice shower though!).
- Strainer: To strain stirred cocktails, a julep strainer's larger holes and simple construction make it easy to use and clean.
- Jigger: Ideally, you want double-sided stainless steel with 1:2 measurements.
- Bar Knife: Sure, you could use any knife. But our 3-in-1 bar knife is specifically designed for peeling, slicing and spearing cocktail ingredients.
Ice Trays: Most cocktails can be made with one of three types of cocktail ice: 1-inch cubes, 2-3 inch extra-large spheres and crushed ice.
To keep things really simple, you can simply pick a "house cocktail." But it doesn't require that many bottles to mix up most classic cocktails. These high-quality brands are the workhorses on our own bar, requiring only the addition of club soda, tonic or a squeeze of fresh citrus (from left-to-right: bourbon, dark rum, light rum, gin, vodka, tequila, mezcal, campari, red vermouth, white vermouth).
For citrus, ginger or herbs, you'll still have to run to the store, but keeping sugar cubes, simple syrup, bitters, club soda and tonic on hand will keep you ahead of the game. Better yet, our Craft Cocktail Syrups eliminate the need for fresh ingredients, making it even easier to whip up a weeknight drink.