Halloween is just a couple of days away and costume party planning is in full force. Instead of spending the entire evening playing bartender, we highly recommend mixing up a large-format cocktail dedicated to serving a crowd. A far cry from the Jungle Juice trash-can concoctions of our college days, these cocktails are flavorful drinks featuring fresh ingredients and high-quality spirits.
This year, we'll be serving our Halloween party guests this festive Planter's Punch from our new book Host. The orange punch includes dark aged rum, grenadine and lemon and lime juice. Grab a punch bowl and prepare to impress your guests.
makes 10 cocktails
- One 750-mililiter bottle aged rum
- 5 ounces grenadine
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- 5 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces fresh lime juice
- Wheels of mixed citrus (lemon, lime and/or orange), for garnish
- Aromatic bitters, to finish
- In a large punch bowl or carafe, combine the rum, grenadine, simple syrup and lemon and lime juices, Add ice until it's level with the liquid and stir to combine.
- Garnish with the citrus wheels and 10 hefty dashes of the bitters over the surface of the punch. Serve immediately.