The Jalapeño-Avocado Margarita
Bring on the heat with this recipe from our book, Host! Though it's easy to equate avocados with guacamole, the fruit (Yes! Fruit!) lends itself perfectly to our spicy take on the classic margarita. This guaca-marg hybrid is proof that avocados aren't just of chip dipping and taco topping. Fresh avocado gets muddled with tart lime juice, cilantro, spicy jalapeños, tequila and Cointreau to create a summer cocktail with just the right amount of kick.
The Jalapeño Avocado Margarita
makes two drinks
- 3 shots tequila
- 1 & 1/2 shots Cointreau
- 1 & 1/2 shots lime juice
- 2 slices avocado
- 2 slices jalapeño (plus 2 for garnish)
- 2 sprigs cilantro (plus 2 for garnish)
- Add the avocado, jalapeño and cilantro to the Mason Shaker.
- Muddle the ingredients in the bottom of the Shaker until the avocado is throughly mashed.
- Add tequila, Cointreau and lime juice to the Shaker. Add ice to above the liquid, and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into two rocks glasses filled with ice, and garnish with remaining cilantro and jalapeño slices.